Categorized | ASEA, Network Marketing News

ASEA Scam?

There is a new liquid “nutritional” product out on the marketplace that caught my attention.  Now, it didn’t catch my attention because of a revolutionary compensation plan (it’s a copy of a couple of other companies).  What caught my attention is the product.

How do I put this?  It’s Salt Water!

This company wants you to buy a case of Salt Water for $150.

Seriously, I took a screen capture of the label:

Ingredients: Distilled Water and Sodium Chloride. Uhhhh, that’s Salt Water!

The site has a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo simulated science, but the label is pretty clear.

Last updated by at .

* First Name
  * = Required Field

Email Marketing You Can Trust

574 Responses to “ASEA Scam?”

1. Okay…let’s see if I can put this into words that do not cross any lines with the FTC.

My wife (Michelle) has a condition where on a daily basis…she is in a tremendous amount of pain. On a scale of 1 to 10…she was a 15. I used to wake up in the middle of the night to her moan in pain…just from rolling over. I was thinking how can anyone get a good nights sleep with that? (I won’t say the “disease”…but I guess you can figure it out).

Anyway…she has tried every supplement out there. Every juice, pill, powder & electronic device. Nothing worked.

Then we had a call…(another one)…about another product. They wanted to send us some. So just to end the call…we said sure…send it.

Now for a little history…I could not even sit next to Michelle without her making a “pain” face…and asking me to move over. Going up stairs was interesting. If I did not go first…I had to sit and wait till she got to the top…it was that painful. One stair at a time…and waiting between each step.

The ASEA arrives. Tasted kinda like pool water…but we have tasted worse.

First week: Nothing

Second week: She noticed sleep was better…woke up rested.

Third week: I was sitting on the couch and Michelle was getting ready to go run some errands. She came FLYING down the stairs…grabbed the clothes from the dryer and ran back up the stairs. I was shocked. I ran to the stairs and called up to her. “Michelle! Are you okay?” She said yes. “Do you realize what you just did?” She stopped…”I just ran down the stairs. I just ran down THE STAIRS!”

She ran down the stairs again…then ran back up…and was in tears. It was not hurting.

She was expecting this NOT to work like everything else. She was expecting…okay…what ever.

The company invited us to a fly in. We went…and we signed up.

The leadership: Incredible

The Product: More than we could hope for.

The Business: “Intense” is my word for it.

Does this product work? Yes…it does.

CLUE: Michelle is not my only example…but my son as well. What it has dome for him…is life changing.

The statements made here has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements and the products of this company are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am an Associate with ASEA.
    P.S. I appreciate you!
    Remember…Live up to your potential,

Matthew Adams
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸†¸¸.•†•.¸¸†¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

2. MaryAnne says:

Big Pharma would have sold 1 bottle of ASEA for $1000+

3. Rudy says:

Where are the studies? That’s all I care about at this time. I won’t build a binary business. I think the price to CV at ASEA is a joke.

But I will gladly acknowledge I was wrong if someone can show me the science.

4. Rudy says:

So why would they choose to sell it for $40.00 when they could get $1000?

I’m not defending big pharma or the drugs they produce. I’m pointing out a business decision based on economic reality.

5. Ty Tribble says:

From the ASEA Web Site:

“9. Have any clinical trials been conducted on ASEA™?
    ASEA™ is a nutritional supplement. Besides extensive safety and antimicrobial testing, no other studies have or must be performed. ASEA™ does not claim to mitigate, prevent or cure any disease. ASEA™ simply contains the raw materials that our body and the immune system need to help protect us and defend us. There is extensive evidence, based on studies done on the individual reactive molecules contained in ASEA™, that these reactive molecules are indeed produced and used in large amounts by the body and the immune system. The role that these reactive molecules play in the body is becoming increasingly well understood and is actively being studied all over the world.”

6. I want to post more documents…but it won’t let me.

This is what we have so far.

I will be posting more documents

7. Cheryl RN says:

What you don’t understand here Rudy, is that unsuccessful drugs have produced billions. The lawyers really like the ones that (having passed the cynical trials) harm and kill people. Oh, woops! I mean “clinical”

I really don’t care about failed binary plans. I know some awesome successful binary plans that were graduates of the bad ones. I was referring to the new good ones I already noted. And, by the way, Trumps is one of the worst I have seen of the newer ones.

8. Bob says:

Those docs are available on the site, and have been produced by Asea. Peer reviewed clinical studies would be in the best interest of the company, distributors, and customers in the longer term. It would not be difficult to study and document the benefits if there are any.

They usually cost hundreds of thousands of dollars minimum, and are then published. The cost can sometimes be sponsored by a major university or institution if the merit of the product warrants the self funding.

The human body is an amazing miracle with the innate ability to gravitate towards healing. I do believe we have been given everything we need on this planet, as many people in Asea do. Unfortunately Man is often his worst enemy.

9. No Prob.

I know that in time we will have more information made available to us. This company is a growing baby.

What this product has done for Michelle (my beautiful wife) and Steven (My son) has been amazing.

As soon as I get more information…I will pass it on.

Here is some information that may help as well.

Be Well!

Matthew Adams

10. Bill says:

Matthew, I agree completely. This product has helped me immensely as well. I was scheduled to take my family to the beach this summer and cannot afford to. I bought a lot of Asea and loaded our above ground pool with it. They are so proud of me. We are going to the beach in our own back yard this summer. I am a winner!

11. Wow…really Bill?

Why are you even here dude?

Amazing….truly amazing.

Matthew

12. Samm says:

Bill,

The “winners” are those that are knowledgeable and respectful.

13. Dr. Ahmad says:

Bill,

That is not even funny. There is no clinical validation for using ASEA in that manner. Come to think of it, there is no clinical validation for using ASEA whatsoever so who am I to judge?

14. Wow…the funny people are out today.

Those are still coming and in the works.

Patience is the key word here.

Matthew

15. Dan Mitchell says:

Wow…the patient people are out today.

ASEA will be out of business within 12 months…let’s meet back here in 2011.

Patience is the key word here.

16. Dave says:

Well, Dr. Ahmad has a point, even if you don’t think it’s funny. There are a host of us that are hearing about this amazing product with 20+ patents and millions of dollars of research behind it–but we’re still waiting to see the data.

There are lots of companies out there that will sell you hype and dreams. If the product really has the clinicals, show them to us who are “skeptics.”

The patents appear to be on the process of making the sodium chloride distilled water solution, not the product.

There are no studies to speak of, except one that makes claims based on one athlete who increased Vo2 max in 14 days. Guess what. I exercised for 14 days straight and you won’t believe what happened to my Vo2 max.

17. All of you are a bit impatient…it takes time for the data to be made public. There are rules to follow. The leaders want to make sure that this is done right.

The same could be said for Monavie, EIRO. XanGo…and the hundreds of others.

If you belong to another company…give us the same respect that you would deserve…nothing more nothing less.

Geez…I feel like I am dealing with the people at a certain scam site.

Matthew

18. The same could be spoken of whatever company that you belong with Dan.

Be careful…your agenda is showing.

Have a blessed day!

Matthew

19. I guess what is kinda crazy here…is the following.

Many of you (if not all of you) are here because you believe in the NetWork Marketing industry. That is what this Blog is all about. A support structure for this wonderful industry.

Here is what I don’t understand. Why is it we feel we need to come on this blog…rip into another person’s business…because it is in direct competition with our own?

Are you that desperate?

Is your business that sorry?

Are you that unhappy?

People…we are all in this together. We have very few enemies…the top of the list is the drug companies & the FTC. Why the heck are we fighting EACH OTHER??!!??

Listen…you may not like the fact a new company has surfaced and MAY be in competition with you…but we are here…and there is nothing that you can do about it…welcome to the free world. My bet is…when you first started with your business…you had to defend your decision. Did you enjoy it? Did it make their business sound better…or self serving?

If you don’t understand the science…then ASK.

If you feel you need to make wise ass remarks…go elsewhere. If you have questions…just ask!

This business is about getting products in the hands of people that you and I both know…main stream business could not do.

If you do not believe in this industry…please go elsewhere.

This thread started out as an attack on my company. How about we all behave like adults…and instead of calling each other names and saying, “my daddy is bigger than your daddy”…we support each other. Is it worth putting another persons business down…and looking like a fool…with your pants on the ground? {grin}

Think about it…the internet is a big place…and word gets around…FAST!

P.S. I appreciate you!

Remember…Live up to your potential,

Matthew Adams
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸†¸¸.•†•.¸¸†¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

20. Bill says:

I agree with Matthew. You guys that disagree with Matt and I are losers. You do not understand that we have every right to sell salt water for $120 per case. Just because you like swimming pool water does not mean that we are wrong. We are winners! You are losers!

21. Ty Tribble says:

Matthew,

I think it is more about what this type of hocus pocus product does to the overall reputation of Network Marketing.

It’s $150 a case Salt Water that the company has said needs no further scientific explanation.

“Have any clinical trials been conducted on ASEA™?
    ASEA™ is a nutritional supplement. Besides extensive safety and antimicrobial testing, no other studies have or must be performed. “

22. Ty Tribble says:

And don’t compare this hocus-pocus Salt Water to EIRO, we have a clinical trial that proves our product is effective:

“…superoxide dismutase (SOD) rose after consumption of the fruit juice beverage…the positive findings on SOD were highly statistically significant at the 60 minute mark (increase of 0.24 ± 0.214; p=0.006).

Discussion
    Superoxide dismutase is important in the body’s oxidant defense system. SOD is an enzyme that neutralizes the superoxide radical, one of the most prevalent free radicals in the human body. SOD levels decrease with age and play an important role in protecting cells and DNA from damage caused by oxidative stress. Because of SOD’s importance in the body’s defense system, further study is recommended.”

23. First Bill…go back to SCAM.Com where you belong.

Ty…I do agree with you that “Yes” this industry needs some serious monitoring. Really.

But you my friend have been in this industry long enough to know this. You Ty Tribble have a name in this industry. Why not ask the leaders (Corporate) those questions. Brother…look at your own products…how long did it take to get the data. Now…I am not talking data taken from other companies selling juice. I am talking about your OWN data. What about the data from your other products.

There is data…but it is about timing. The data must go through a process before it is released. This is so strange Ty…you know this to be true…yet you act like you do not.

what gives bro?

Matthew Adams

24. Samm says:

Dan,

Out of business in 12 months?

We are doubling every 7 weeks.

Finally a product that is spreading the old fashion way; word of mouth, based on positive results.

2011 looks very promising.

25. Mike says:

Matthew, the reason there are so many people commenting on ASEA is that there are two types of Network Marketing companies that we compete with. One is those whose products are real, and based on science, and two, those who only SEEM to be selling hype. I don’t know where ASEA falls into those two categories, but have not seen any evidence to support that they are firmly in caregory one.

26. Bill says:

Samm is correct. We are doubling every 7 weeks. Especiallyoffering free signup. We are winners.

27. Hmmm…my last post was deleted.

Speaks volumes Ty.

I have now officially lost ALL respect for you.

It is okay to attack other companies here…but don’t you dare say anything bad about EIRO.

I understand now.

Matthew

28. Bill says:

You tell him Matthew. You and I are winners. Asea is king of the MLM’s. Just watch us.

29. Bob says:

whatever it is I would not be in the least bit surprised. Sodium Benzoate is poison, and direct antioxidant therapy is a multibillion dollar myth.

30. Bob says:

Hi MaryAnne,
    Thank you for sharing. Actually, to ecpand on what you have offered; people have been talking about molecules for hundreds of years, and to be more specific “Reactive Molecules” have been in literature for decades as well. Unfortunately for Asea one type of reactive molecule is “Reactive oxygen molecules”which are what causes Oxidative stress in the first place. (There are thousands known) Hence the need for the Natural Antioxidants you were born with. In a way the Asea literature is oxymoronic unless they are more specific. The “amazing growth of Asea” is not a convincing point as of yet. One of my partners for example was the Master Distributor for Zrii for and set records, until he found some things were simply not true He was faced with one of the toughest decisions of his career: Money with an opportunity driven product, or integrity, which has unmeasurable value.

31. Bob says:

Forgive the typos, I posted before finishing. The final thing I wanted to mention was:

We all hope Asea does amazing things, and look forward to the evidence in the form of Peer reviewed published studies.

It does not look however like they intend to do so, based on the F.A.Q. on the site: “Besides extensive safety and antimicrobial testing, no other studies have or must be performed”.

32. Ty Tribble says:

Comments with multiple links are automatically moderated, Matthew.

33. Bill says:

Sorry Matthew. You, me and Ty can come to gether and toast with Asea. Ty, it tastes a little salty but its healing powers are awesome. It has cured me of so many things. We can all 3 be winners together. We do not need to be around losers.

34. This is turning bad Ty…call me please.

912-349-0596

35. Bill says:

I just read the following on the Asea site: “…Besides extensive safety and antimicrobial testing, no other studies have or must be performed.” I have been telling my friends and family that there is extensive research on this product. OMG. What do I do? I have been mislead. Someone help me figure out how to overcome this. My dad said it was pool water with salt. He said it smelled like chlorine and salt. I sent him to the site and he told me there was nothing there to verify my claims. Can one of you winners help me out?

36. Mark G. says:

Bill,
    Calm down. This product is great. I understand what your dad says. I have heard the same thing. Just keep going and trust them. You always talk about begin a winner and you are letting a little negativity get in your way. Man up!

37. Bill says:

Thank you Mark. I was just worried that everyone (including my upline)is talking about clincial data on this product and there doesn’t seem to be any. I guess I will just keep saying there is. This is my 8th company. It has to work for me. My wife thinks I am crazy. I know I am a winner.

38. drdave says:

I am a doctor. I was given the opportunity to fly out to Utah with Asea paying for it. I have Never done a MLM company til now. Not Asea. A Rep asked me if she could send some bottles to myself to try. I agreed in the interim. Im not opposed to alternative care, but the person asking before for studies? Honestly there really hasnt been any STUDIES. We shall see. I did decide to get involved in a company with 0 competition, Perfect Product/People. perefect timing, perfect WEALTHIEST, Compensation plan ever in MLM. Its not what you know at times, but who you know. I could not pass up the opportunity after conversing with the founders…You do not have to Digest, absorb or metabolize the product to HOPE for results. I wish everyone the best with ASEA

39. G says:

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not.

So, what you’re saying is that you could care less about the health benefits of this product (or lack thereof). You are in it for the $$. And Asea wants to fly you out why?? Oh’ I know… So they can say that a Dr. endorses the product.

What a scam.. And a shady Dr, shame on you!

40. Hey Ty,

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

41. Ty Tribble says:

Ummm. OK Matthew, whatever you say.

Let’s put that to the test….

Who thinks I am telling the truth when I say the car in this picture is black?

I’ll be waiting for the ridicule and violent opposition.

42. Bill says:

Sorry Matthew, I cannot ridicule Ty on this one,as much as I want to because it looks black to me. I tried squinting but it is still black. Even though you are wrong Matthew, you and I are still winners!

43. Dan Mitchell says:

I think Hot Chocolate said it best “Everyone’s a winner, baby, that’s the truth”

44. I think I may update my blog on Agendas today. You should be honored…it has been my #1 article so far…the Max people love it. It has been amazing.

45. Ty Tribble says:

Knock yourself out Matthew.

The people that approve or disapprove comments do not approve comments that include personal attacks. I have never once attacked you here, so if you feel the need to do so, you can go for it at your blog and I hope it gets lots of traffic. Just remember who has been right here. You stayed with a company, defended it and attacked me for leaving….then that company kicked you out.

If you think ASEA salt water is the next greatest thing with ZERO scientific proof that it works at any level…I wish you much success with it.

P.S. Your post about me has two comments on it. One from a total anti Network Marketing Zealot and the other from you. Yes, people really seem to love it.

46. First of…get the record straight…I never bashed you for leaving. i was sad & mad…but I never bashed you. As a matter of fact…I applauded your decision.

Second I had to stay…My website supported over 3000 Max users…really THINK about that.

I am mad at you because you are using your blog for your own agenda instead of the good of the industry…like you used to do. I was a fan…you really stood up for people in this industry…you were somebody important.

Now you are just another MLM’er shoving his opportunity in other peoples faces and blasting the competition. Even in this thread you had to hail your own company.

And lastly, YOU know better than most Ty…that YES…things need to be proven.

But here is a challenge for you Ty…contact my wife…you know she will B.S. nobody. I dare you Ty. Here is her contact info.

michelle@michelleadams.biz

47. Ty Tribble says:

Matthew,

Michelle is financially motivated to say good things about ASEA…simple as that.

It is my agenda to expose companies that use hype with no substance to promote their product and business.

48. Blackstone Law says:

“Ty Tribble Reply:
    March 19th, 2010 at 11:55 am

It is my agenda to tell the truth and offer my opinion and you can look back at the archives over the last 6 years to see if I am right or wrong.”

Obviously you have not done a very good job with your agenda in regards to Asea. Redox Signaling has a tremendous amount of substantiated research behind it. There is plenty of science behind what reactive molecules do. And there is scientific proof that ASEA contains a stabilized set of the reactive molecules your body produces are is necessary to the Redox Signaling processes going in your body.

49. Ty Tribble says:

Still waiting for a clinical study on ASEA that shows any evidence supporting the claims being made. Feel free to post it right here. So far over 100 comments and not one reference to an ASEA clinical trial.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks